CONTRACT JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Small Housing BC is a small but mighty non-profit organization, with a decade of experience conducting research, advocacy, capacity building and municipal partnerships, and technical advisory work on small housing forms. As “missing middle” and gentle density housing are gaining political traction and mainstream appeal, SHBC will be expanding our reach and our staff complement over the coming year. SHBC is leading the charge on innovation for gentle density housing: promoting policy advancements, design savvy, development know-how and partnerships to push the envelope on securing affordability through increased density. We have a highly engaged Board of Directors – all experts in their fields – who provide strategic oversight, substantial expertise, and mentorship. We enjoy co-creating a fun and friendly work environment … and we have cool office digs.
Title: Planner – short term contract
Reports to: Managing Director
Supports the fulfillment and execution of SHBC’s strategic objectives and programs:
• Municipal Small Housing Accelerator Program
• Sector Support Strategy and Webtool Development
• Communications and Media
Works alongside the Managing Director, Board of Directors, and consulting specialists to coordinate partnership work and prepare deliverables in a fast-paced environment
It is expected that you will support the following activities, with knowledge of the related software/apps:
• Research, policy analysis, writing
• Urban/ site design – Photoshop and Sketch-up, AutoCad or similar 3-d modelling/rendering software
• Coordination of meetings and workshops – Doodle, G calendar
• Visual communications for workshop facilitation – Miro
• Technical and facilitation support – Zoom
• Document design and layout – InDesign (preferred; not required)
• Website and social media posts – WordPress (preferred; not required)
• other relevant tasks, as assigned by the Managing Director
Term and Compensation
Contracted tasks will begin immediately and will conclude on May 13, 2022.
20-25 hours per week.
There is possibility for extension and/or expansion of hours, and this will be further explored and defined collaboratively by the parties.
Hourly pay is competitive, and will reflect your level of experience.
Please send your CV and any portfolio/reference material to:
Tamara White, Managing Director
(closing Feb 19, 2022)