Launch event explores local and international public art
Centre Stage – Surrey City Hall (13450 104 Avenue)
Tickets: $15 here.
Surrey Civic Theatres is launching a PechaKucha Night series. The theme for volume one is public art.
Artists, architects, directors, and coordinators will inform and entertain you with short, fast-paced presentations about local and international public art. Doors open with a musical performance at 6:30pm, followed by the presentations from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
The speakers in Surrey’s first PechaKucha event will present images, stories, and perspectives on public art created locally as well as internationally.
- Miriam Blume (Vancouver Biennale)
- Peggy Kendellen (Oregon’s Public Art Program)
- Cath Brunner (projects realized by 4Culture throughout Washington state)
- Laura Becker and Kelly Pajek (Seattle’s Public Art Program)
- Lori Phillip (City and District of North Vancouver’s Public Art Program)
- Karen Henry (Vancouver’s Public Art Program)
- Eric Fiss (Richmond’s Public Art Program)
- Barbara Cole and Vanessa Kwan (Other Sights for Artists’ Projects in Vancouver)
- Diana Freundl (Vancouver Art Gallery Offsite program)
- Karen Bubb (Copenhagen’s Little Mermaid sculpture by Edvard Eriksen in Denmark)
- Bryan Lemos Beça and Steve DiPasquale (Surrey’s The Space of Difference interactive artwork on UrbanScreen.
For more information visit here.